Instruction - Create a new embroidery pattern
0) Load a new image. You can select any image or photo on your computer. This can be done directly on the home page of pixel-stitch.
1) Select the number of stitches in width. Depending on the image size, the number of stitches is then automatically calculated in height.
The maximum width is limited to 500 stitches. If the number of stitches is high the calculation may take a few seconds depending on the system performance.
2) Select the number of colours that should be within the stitch pattern. During the computer calculation some of the embroidery colors are optimized so that the result contains fewer colors.
Try out different numbers of color and choose the best result while keeping the number of colors low.
3) Choose your embroidery thread. The type of thread determines the color palette that you will use in the pattern. You can currently choose between "all colors", "Anchor" and "DMC". Choosing DMC or Anchor the corresponding thread number will be displayed.
4) It is specified how the pattern should look in the created pdf.
5) You can specify whether a grid is displayed in the preview image.
6) It is also possible to load a new image.
7) Choose the algorithmn that reduces the number of distinct colors used in an image. Try different variations and decide for the best result.
Further information Color Quantization
8) Choose the algorithmn that calculates the similarity between the different colors. Try different variations and decide for the best result.
Further information Color Difference
9) Now your are ready to create the stitch pattern! Press the button "Create Embroidery Pattern".
10) Once a stitch pattern has been created, a preview of the embroidery pattern appears. Below the preview you will also find the number of colors and an overview of the colors or yarns that are used in the stitch pattern. If you still want to optimize the result you can adjust settings and reload your stitch pattern again.
If you press the button "Save Embroidery Pattern" a PDF document will be provided. In the PDF document you will find all important information of the embroidery pattern: a schematic representation, informations about the used thread colors etc..
Now you are ready to start your new embroidery project! Enjoy it!